Water Problems We Can Take Care of For You
RISKS OR EFFECTS
Scale in utensils and hot water system, soap scum
Dissolved calcium and magnesium from soil and aquifer minerals containing limestone or dolomite
BENEFITS OF REMOVAL
No scale or build up, Our customers use 25-50% less detergents and soap products, Cleaner dishes, Softer skin, Cleaner clothes. 20% less energy to heat hot water.
Hard Water Scale
Plumbing Independent Study Flyer
– There may be more soap residue in your hair and skin than you think. Hard water is dissolved rock. When you shower or bathe, the dissolved rock attaches to your skin and hair, making it very difficult to rinse soap and shampoo away. The dry feeling of your skin or the dull appearance of your hair is caused by soap or shampoo residue left on your hair and skin!
Too Many Cleaners
– Hardness or calcium dissolved in water causes cleaning products such as: soaps and detergents to clean less effectively. The result is you need more and more soap in order get to things clean. Imagine if your laundry scoop was 1/4 cup instead of 1 cup. Your white clothes are brighter, and softer with only 1/4 the amount of soap. The result is you spend 1/4 the amount of money on your laundry products. Not to mention the fact you will no longer need fabric softeners. By eliminating the dissolved rock from your water you not only save with your laundry supplies, you also save with every cleaning product you use! Any appliance in your home also benefits from softened water (see chart below)
RainSoft cleans by subtraction
Because the RainSoft Unit removes hardness, you no longer need all those cleaners. You won’t use as much soap or detergents and you will be pouring less detergents down the drain and into the environment.
The World Health Organization says as much as 80% of all diseases are water borne. Organisms such as: Bacteria, Mold Spores, Legionella, Algae, Protozoans and Viruses can all be eliminated with Ultraviolet Light.
For many years, the water treatment industry has used ultraviolet light to disinfect filtered water. With the growing concerns of chlorine, ultraviolet light is an attractive alternative for the following reasons:
- You cannot over treat water with an ultraviolet light
- There are no harmful residuals added to the water
- UV light does not change the water’s physical or chemical properties such as: odor, pH, color or temperature.
- UV treatment is considerably less expensive to install and maintain
- UV treatment can be put on virtually any water supply.
How does UV destroy microorganisms
Ultraviolet energy is germicidal. It kills germs or micro-organisms with high-energy light which penetrates the organism’s cytoplasmic or protective membrane. It shifts electrons and attacks the DNA structure, preventing the microorganisms from reproducing, rendering the cell lifeless. When bacteria and viruses are exposed to the proper dose of UV energy, these organisms are harmless.
How much UV energy is sufficient for disinfection
To destroy most bacteria, virus and yeast, 10,000 microwatt-seconds per square centimeter (uw-sec/cm2) or less is required. Germicidal Disinfection units are rated for a minimum dosage of 30,000 microwatt seconds per square centimeter.
According to the Department of Health, Education and Welfare, the recommended minimum dosage for ultraviolet equipment used in the disinfection process of filtered water is 16,000 uw-sec/cm2.
It should be noted, however, that UV will not kill cryptosporidium or giardia. RainSoft’s series of Ultraviolet light systems will treat your entire house.
Water collects iron in several ways. Even as it falls through the air, water acquires small amounts of the oxides of iron found in the atmosphere dust. Water, rich in carbon dioxide, readily dissolves iron from the earth.
“Iron Water” readily stains plumbing fixtures, porcelain and cooking utensils, not to mention the disagreeable tastes and stains it creates in laundry.
The RainSoft EC5 or EC4 Series can be used to remove some iron, but if it is in high concentrations specialized equipment may be necessary.
Stop Dealing With the Effects of Hard or Contaminated Water
Are you suffering from the effects of hard water, bacteria or iron water in your home? Find out what contaminants are in your water by scheduling a free water test with us at RainSoft of NE Iowa. Call us at (319) 233-2038 or complete our contact form to schedule your free test or learn more about how we can solve your water problems at your home or business!