EC4 Oxytech Chemical-Free Iron, Sulphur and Manganese Reduction System
RainSoft’s EC4 OxyTech is designed to provide a reliable supply of treated water by reducing iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide (sulfur). This premium whole-house system offers unparalleled ease of use and a variety of state-of-the-art features:
- Immediate condition response. Push any button on the EC4 OxyTech to wake up the LCD display and read any awaiting messages or instructions.
- Power outage recovery. If power is lost during system regeneration, the EC4 OxyTech will complete the regeneration cycle automatically the moment that power is restored.
- Service Alarm. If the EC4 OxyTech requires service or maintenance, it will tell you.
- Large interactive LCD display. All system information is presented on an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand LCD display with intuitive menu structure.
The EC4 OxyTech media is a special blend of four minerals, each with specific removal characteristics. This mineral maintains a long material life with a relatively low attrition loss and a wide temperature performance range.
How the EC4 OxyTech Works
Step 1: Water enters the EC4 OxyTech compressed aeration chamber. As the water passes through the compressed air chamber, the water becomes highly oxygenated. As the water continues to flow though the tank, the oxygenated water converts the iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide from dissolved minerals and gasses to physical particles.
Step 2: The highly oxygenated water then flows through the multimedia filter bed where iron, manganese and elemental sulphur are trapped in the multimedia bed.
Step 3: At pre-determined intervals the system will backwash and reduce all contaminants from the filter media.
pH The influent water must be between 6.8–9.0.
Iron Maximum of 10 ppm of ferrous (clear water) and/or ferric (red water) iron. If iron is present, the pH should be below 8.5. Higher pH conditions may cause the formation of colloidal iron, which is very difficult to remove.
Iron Bacteria If iron bacteria are present, frequent service may occur and the life of the system may be limited. By properly controlling the iron bacteria with chlorine or other approved methods for bacterial reduction, the system will function properly.
Hydrogen Sulﬁde Maximum of 10 ppm.
Manganese Limit 2.0 ppm; amounts over 2.0 ppm may gradually prevent iron removal. For optimum manganese reduction, the pH should be between 8.0–9.0. If iron is also present, the pH should be below 8.5.
Chlorine The presence of chlorine in the raw water supply should be limited to a maximum of 1.0 ppm.
Organic Matter (Tannins) The presence of organics above 2.0 ppm may hinder the operation of the system.
The filtering media will eventually become exhausted or consumed and will need replacement. The replacement schedule will depend on the incoming water quality and the amount of water you use. Your local authorized RainSoft dealer can provide you with replacement schedules based on your water-using habits and your incoming water quality.
The regeneration valves are designed to last a lifetime. Annual cleaning or replacement of internal parts will be necessary since these parts are exposed to untreated water. Your water quality and the amount of regenerations will affect this schedule. Your dealer is knowledgeable in different water qualities and the necessary parts required in completing this service.
Upon installation, your system will be programmed with an alarm to remind you when either of the above services are required.
- New LCD display prompts the user with easy-to-understand system information and messages.
- Control automatically compensates and adjusts for daylight saving time.
- The system maintains time up to 1 week without a battery backup in case of a power outage. Program settings are maintained indefinitely, eliminating the need to reprogram.
Rugged. Reliable. Effective. That’s the EC4 OxyTech.